well konnichiwa

Go down

well konnichiwa

Post  bromide on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Writing is in my bones. I freelance to eke out a meager living but most of the work I do is unpaid and purely for enjoyment purposes. I am working on a novel but I doubt I’ll share it with anyone until I see it as finished. I have written music reviews for small ambient and post-rock labels and contributed to zines on the topics of anarchafeminism, surviving child abuse and genderqueer identities. It has been my primary and sometimes sole means of catharsis over the years and I have written thousands of pages I would never show anyone. When it comes to creative writing I am often reluctant to share mine because there’s a naked quality to it, as though I am exposing a part of my soul in allowing others to read it. I’m hoping that this group will give me the opportunity to work on overcoming this anxiety because I would like to publish more than just zine and news articles some day.

I’m interested in exploring darker concepts with my writing; I have a special place in my heart for the surreal, fantastical, violent, and nihilistic/existentially despairing. I’m excited to experiment with genres I’ve not dipped my toes into and I am always open to feedback and constructive criticism and willing to give it in return.
bromide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: well konnichiwa

Post  Admin on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:28 pm

It's awesome to have you on board, Bromide. Sounds like you might be the most experienced out of all of us, so you should get along fine. We'll be happy to offer feedback, and hopefully it can help to alleviate some of that anxiety (I have it as well).

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://infpwriters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Seven of Cups on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Wow, I can't wait to read some of your work, Bromide! Whatever you decide to show us will be more than a pleasure. Smile
Seven of Cups

View user profile http://personalitycafe.com/members/seven-of-cups.html

Back to top Go down

Post  KindOfBlue06 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Fuck yeah Bromide, you seem to know what's up. I can't wait to read your work, as it sounds like it'd be right up my alley. I love the darker side of things as well. Glad to have you onboard!

KindOfBlue06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  adverseaffects on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:16 am

Ooohh sounds gritty!! I can't wait to read your writing! I completely understand what you're saying-- part of having writing in your bones is, it isn't necessarily made for an audience but comes from deeply felt impressions or ideas... well, to you they are beautiful and resonate, but it's horrifying to think of showing it to someone and have them not get it in the same way you do.
In other news, I commission your next post to involve whips~
adverseaffects

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:45 am

copious...amounts...of whips Shocked

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://infpwriters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chwimleian on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:46 am

Aloha, bromide Smile Glad to see you here!
Chwimleian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down