The INFP Writers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll begin...

5 posters

Go down

I'll begin... Empty I'll begin...

Post  Admin Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:55 am

Well, I suppose I've gone and done what I know I should've done ages ago: removed every possible excuse to avoid chasing my dreams. It's the whole reason I created these forums and invited as many accountability partners as one could dare to invite. No turning back, but why would I want to? I've wanted to write for a few years now, but wanting is different than doing, and I "never got around to it." Lame. Time to fight the resistance.

Ralph Waldo Emerson said "Every artist was first an amateur." I imagine myself to be hovering somewhere in the 'less-than-amateur' range. This is based solely on the fact that I haven't even properly begun. A poem or two, several abandoned stories; but nothing completed, whole.

This is where I hope to...no will...change, with a little help, of course. ^_^

So, here's a toast, my friends *raises glass*
...to the future (and deadlines)!

Admin
Admin

https://infpwriters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I'll begin... Empty Re: I'll begin...

Post  Seven of Cups Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:36 pm

I would like to thank you, in full, for making this site for us, too! There's no way that this was a bad idea, in any way! I know you're not the only one with the problem of taking time out of your schedule/usual to create beautiful works everyone will enjoy, and I'll be someone who will check in often and help keep the place active, too! Here's to the Writer's Society's success! I'll begin... Martini_icon
Seven of Cups
Seven of Cups

http://personalitycafe.com/members/seven-of-cups.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:36 pm

No problem! I'm happy you're here and thank you so much for the kind words, they mean a lot Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bromide Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:51 pm

I agree, you are wonderful for starting this! I think that sometimes what INFPs need most is support, accountability and occasionally a swift kick in the ass. I hope that this forum will give you the opportunity to explore and hone your talents <3
bromide
bromide

Back to top Go down

Post  dearlybeloved Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:12 am

Hello! It's I, dearlybeloved. Smile Thought I might share a bit of my work here; thank you for allowing me to join you all! I'm not that awesome of a writer, but hopefully you'll find in my work something that touches you. Thank you! ♥️

Love,
Luna (my pseudonym, lol)

P.S. I still like the Google Docs idea.

dearlybeloved

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:28 am

Thank you, @bromide! I agree, us infps tend to get lost in our heads when we should be taking action. Hopefully this forum can help to kick-start some better habits in my life ^_^

And welcome, Luna! Can I call you Luna Lovegood? Wink

oh, and we can look into google docs, what are they again??

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  adverseaffects Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:32 am

cheers!
adverseaffects
adverseaffects

Back to top Go down

Post  dearlybeloved Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Ha ha, Luna Lovegood fits like a glove! I do love good. Thank you, @Admin. Smile

dearlybeloved

Back to top Go down

Post  dearlybeloved Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Oh, sorry. GoogleDocs is one of Google's many sites; you can create and share documents, presentations, etc. I was thinking we could each create Gmail accounts specifically for this, and share our writing with each other that way. But the forum is a good idea, too; I think it would just be easier to keep track of things with GoogleDocs. (docs.google.com) Smile

dearlybeloved

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum