Hope I ain't crashing

Go down

Hope I ain't crashing

Post  studentofrhythm on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:48 pm

I followed a link from PerC hither.

While I was in college I was in a writing group for a short time, but since I couldn't write anything at the time other than agonized journal freewrites, I didn't get much out of it, other than some developing ideas about how I'd like to write fiction and what I might need to work on - that also from volunteering as a slushpile reader for the school's SF/F magazine.

In college most of what I read was science fiction and then I got too snobby for it. I've since revived my interest in it and fantasy, thanks to my wife who introduced me to Samuel R. Delany, and a setting that has been developing in my mind for 10+ years. I drafted a novel in this setting late in 2010 and am slowly working on revising and adding a lot more for the second draft. I've also drafted three novels for NaNoWriMo, one of which I might try to work into publication some day.

Besides fiction, I like to write short essays or other pieces on a typewriter and post them sporadically on my blog, which is badly in need of a new post right now. And for the past year and a half, I have felt more satisfied than ever about the quality of song lyrics I have written. Experiments with alliterative verse have stalled, but I hope to take them up again.

Since I like to work with pencil and typewriter, I will have to go to extra effort to share work here. But I would like to publish the novel I mentioned above and so would like critiques of it, in manageable sections of course. O Queen, will the WIP section accommodate such?
studentofrhythm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hope I ain't crashing

Post  Chwimleian on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:59 pm

*waves* Hello Smile Welcome to the club!
Chwimleian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FairyDust on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:01 am

Hey! welcome.. Smile

FairyDust

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content