The INFP Writers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*peeks from behind the curtain*

4 posters

Go down

*peeks from behind the curtain* Empty *peeks from behind the curtain*

Post  Chameleon333888 Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:51 am

Hi everyone!

Chameleon here. I'm excited to be part of this group with everyone--hopefully with your help I can be more productive than I am on my own...

Anyway, a little about me and my writing: I majored in Creative Writing (Concentration in Poetry) in college so I do have experience workshopping and editing, but mostly with poems. I published a few of my poems, but I mostly write for myself. I've written in the other genres as well, although I have less formal training in those areas. Mostly Intro-Level courses at school or beginner workshops back when I lived in the States. As far as what I write, I'd say it's mostly poetry and creative non-fiction, although I do enjoy trying to write some fiction for a challenge. Maybe I can try to go out of my comfort zone here in this "safe space" of writers Wink

My main problem is procrastination and perfectionism keeping me from even beginning. So hopefully having a specific place with "deadlines" will help me increase my actual output. I look forward to reading everyone's works and collaborating. It's exciting to think how much we'll be able to grow with all the helpful minds in one place.

Happy Writing!
Chameleon333888
Chameleon333888

Back to top Go down

*peeks from behind the curtain* Empty Re: *peeks from behind the curtain*

Post  bromide Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:23 am

Welcome! Perfectionism is a big problem of mine too so I empathize.
bromide
bromide

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:35 am

Chameleon,

First of all, welcome! It's cool to hear that you majored in CW, I've always dreamt of taking a few courses, but haven't had the opportunity...
Hopefully this forum can work as a sort of pseudo-CW course in that we can set deadlines and help each other etc...
And yes, as bromide said as well, I can relate to the perfection-curse and deadlines have proved to be my only cure. My recent two-week deadline's been forcing me to work everyday now and it feels exciting/scary like it should ^_^

Glad to have you here,

-E.W.

Admin
Admin

https://infpwriters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chwimleian Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:52 am

Procrastination-I'll fix it tomorrow! Razz

Nice to see you here, hope you have fun Smile
Chwimleian
Chwimleian