The INFP Writers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey babies!!

4 posters

Go down

Hey babies!! Empty Hey babies!!

Post  adverseaffects Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:10 am

I am really excited about this new forum, guys, and I hope you all stick around. I am excited to read your individual voices and get to know each other at a better level than even at PerC. Smile We're like a club within a club. Yes, you, my dears, are the elite.
Nah, I say babies (because you're my babies!!), but I'm actually the baby. I'm 17 and currently in my first year of college, kind of (college-high-school program). I write for fun, but not nearly as much as I'd like to. Life gets in the way right? Anyways, school has taught me how to write a summary, an analysis, and a research paper, but I've never been allowed to really play with language and ideas in the form of poetry and fiction except in secret-secret on my laptop. I enjoy writing both, but it's not a skill I've gotten to exercise, mostly because it's embarrassing. There isn't a rubric and what I have to say in fiction feels far more personal. Anyways, so that's where YOU guys come in, right?? Very Happy
Sharing fiction and poetry is more personal than non-fiction, because you have a vision very specific in your mind, that in some ways reflects who you are. Anyways, I'm a little nervous, but I'll do my best to show up, keep it coming, and be a good moderator since I have no idea what I'm doing. What a Face Be patient with me as I learn and I'll do my best!
adverseaffects
adverseaffects

Back to top Go down

Hey babies!! Empty Re: Hey babies!!

Post  Admin Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:52 am

Very happy to have you here with us, your Queenship Wink
AND I'm happy that you now have a place to expose more people to your poetry, because it deserves to be read!

Admin
Admin

https://infpwriters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  adverseaffects Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:26 am

Admin wrote:Very happy to have you here with us, your Queenship Wink
AND I'm happy that you now have a place to expose more people to your poetry, because it deserves to be read!

ohhh shanks Evan well I guess I'll have to go POST some to go get the poetry forum started, huh!!
adverseaffects
adverseaffects

Back to top Go down

Post  KindOfBlue06 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Glad to have you around. Exposing one's self through literature can be intimidating and a bit scary, I know. But we're all here to support you and help you're love of writting to blossom so don't be afraid to post what you write. The more the better, as we can better help you grow. What kind of stuff do you like to read?

KindOfBlue06

Back to top Go down

Post  adverseaffects Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:25 pm

When I was younger I read fantasy, science fiction, those kind of things. Now I like literature-literature (as in, Russian literature, classics, D.H.Lawrence, whoever, just anything with substance), head trip fiction, realistic fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, psychology texts, and the like. Favorite books include The Good Earth, Of Human Bondage, Maurice, Elmer Gantry, Pride and Prejudice, Anne Rice books, Ruth Reichl's memoirs, oh I don't know I read anything good.
adverseaffects
adverseaffects

Back to top Go down

Post  KindOfBlue06 Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:18 pm

You have good taste Smile I'm currently rereading Lawrence's short story The Rocking Horse Winner. It's quite good.

KindOfBlue06

Back to top Go down

Post  adverseaffects Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:35 pm

KindOfBlue06 wrote:You have good taste Smile I'm currently rereading Lawrence's short story The Rocking Horse Winner. It's quite good.

Ohhh I'll have to dig up some short stories of his next, I've been slowly working my way through his novels due to having to balance several school texts at the same time.
adverseaffects
adverseaffects

Back to top Go down

Post  KindOfBlue06 Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Yeah Lawrence was a boss. Perhaps with your current workload from school, his short stories would be more suited to your needs. Also, check out James Joyce's stuff. Another pro of the short story. And do send in more poetry too!

KindOfBlue06

Back to top Go down

Post  adverseaffects Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:14 pm

KindOfBlue06 wrote:Yeah Lawrence was a boss. Perhaps with your current workload from school, his short stories would be more suited to your needs. Also, check out James Joyce's stuff. Another pro of the short story. And do send in more poetry too!

Ok, I'll get right on it to expand my literary horizons. I did post a bunch of shitty love poems, go tear them apart!
adverseaffects
adverseaffects

Back to top Go down

Post  Chwimleian Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:42 am

I promise, I won't be a flakey INFP, your Queenship :<

And we're the same age, but I take no offense to you calling me whatever you'd like to XD

*waves and bows* Welcome (even though it's yours and EvanWilliam's club...) Very Happy

Chwimleian
Chwimleian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum