The INFP Writers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good landing is a landing you can walk away from.

4 posters

Go down

A good landing is a landing you can walk away from. Empty A good landing is a landing you can walk away from.

Post  ArmoredPrince Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:47 am

Hello, I'm known as Prince In Exile over on perc.

I decided to be a writer around the Christmas of 2009, it was a new years resolution but I started early. I plotted out my first book which was a really obvious rip off of Bleach with a darker protagonist. I stopped half-way through and never got to any real in depth writing.

Later in the June or July, I attempted by first real novel. A romance novel, a queer adult but not-erotic romance novel to be exact. I got about 10k in and decided to throw in a subplot , upon hitting 25k I had realized I was ripping off my sub-plot from a book I was reading at the time and that my love interest was a walking God-Sue. Literally.

That October I dusted off my original story idea and re-worked it a bit, and used it for my first NaNoWriMo project. I got to about 35k and added another 6k over the coming months but it too took a back burner.

In the spring of 2011, I got into a writing project online which boosted by writing ability exponentially. That summer I participated in Camp NaNowwriMo. Dusting my last attempt off I went for a total rewrite; including new character, villains, and even updated the setting a bit.

My characters were now deeper and more fleshed out, I got 35k in before I stopped again. Then I had more procrastination and angst for feeling like I failed again. NaNoWriMo came again and a went with a totally new work this time ... Which also crash landed at around 35k words (I think) ... I'm beginning to see a trend.

So here I am a few months later posting here, to introduce myself. I know this is more an intro to a my writing failures than me but I figured it's a start.

Here's hoping to his is a full flight and not another crashed landing. :p

ArmoredPrince

Back to top Go down

A good landing is a landing you can walk away from. Empty Re: A good landing is a landing you can walk away from.

Post  WannieTheSane Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 pm

Hey, welcome!

None of those seem like failures to me! I'm impressed that you wrote so much, even if it didn't go anywhere. I'm sure you learned from each and every experience. I've never written anywhere near that much.

If the ideas crashed and burned then maybe the quote should be, in the words of Launchpad McQuack: "Any crash you can walk away from is a good crash!"

I don't think your ideas crashed and burned, I basically just wanted to quote Launchpad, haha.

Summary: Impressive word count! and impressive stick-to-it-tivness!
WannieTheSane
WannieTheSane

Back to top Go down

A good landing is a landing you can walk away from. Empty Re: A good landing is a landing you can walk away from.

Post  FairyDust Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:01 am

welcome.. gosh you sound like a proper writer to me.. I've never really gotten past a few pages myself, so well done!

FairyDust

Back to top Go down

A good landing is a landing you can walk away from. Empty Sounds impressive to me too....

Post  OpRise Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:44 pm

...and I look forward to reading your work.
OpRise
OpRise

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down