The INFP Writers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OpRise Intro

4 posters

Go down

OpRise Intro Empty OpRise Intro

Post  OpRise Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:53 am

Hi everyone Smile My name is Jamie. I don't write very much or very often, and I don't want to publish anything. I'd like a little discipline to write regularly, to improve my writing style and practice something creative on a regular basis.

I'm nervous about both getting started and sticking with it...the partner idea sounds good if anyone is looking for accountability. I'm thinking a bi-weekly deadline, at least for myself, for 3/4 - 1 page, to start. It doesn't sound like much, but I just started a farming job that's kicking my city ass a little bit, and I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

A bit about myself: I like travel and adventure, I work on an organic farm and am interested in sustainability. I like written things with an edge, thought-provoking, maybe a little dark. I love the sound of words together and rhythm/flow. Some of my favorites are JD Salinger, Tom Robbins, Kurt Vonnegut, Milan Kundera, Karen Marie Moning, Brenda Ueland, Karen Armstrong, Bill Bryson, Edward Abbey and Charles Bukowski.

Glad to be here!
OpRise
OpRise

Back to top Go down

OpRise Intro Empty Re: OpRise Intro

Post  Admin Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:39 am

Hey Jamie! Good to have you along for the adventure. I understand your nervousness, it means you're heading in the right direction! Once you begin, it should subside a bit. Feel free to post your writings and we'll help ya out ^_^

Admin
Admin

https://infpwriters.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chwimleian Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:47 am

*waves* Hewwo, Jaime! Glad to meet you, and welcome!
Chwimleian
Chwimleian

Back to top Go down

Post  WannieTheSane Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Hello there Jaime! Welcome and whatnot.

I just wanted to say thanks as you've recently posted a bunch of responses to people (such as I). Personally I really appreciate the feedback and I'm sure others do too.

So, looking forward to reading your writing, but also just leaving feedback is a great encouragement to people like me (who is a person like you) who hasn't written much and needs motivation to keep writing.

And now, a cyclops: cyclops
WannieTheSane
WannieTheSane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down