The INFP Writers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm sane, so the world doesn't have to be.

3 posters

Go down

I'm sane, so the world doesn't have to be. Empty I'm sane, so the world doesn't have to be.

Post  WannieTheSane Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Hello all,

Seems the trendy thing to do is start a new topic in here and give a little spiel, and if there's one thing INFPs do it's follow trends!

I love writing, my dream job is to be a novelist, but I pretty much never write a single damn thing. Apparently you have to write stuff from time to time for anyone to be willing to actually call you a writer.

I wrote stories when I was a kid from time to time. And then my prolific period was probably late teens when my friends and I would get together and we'd each write a freeform story or take turns writing the same story and just have fun. Maybe that explains why the only two topics I've posted in so far are Freewriting and Round Table, haha.

And now that I've posted in those two sections I update the webpage every five minutes to see if anyone commented... haha, soo needy! I handle criticism really well I think, and really want to improve my writing and just get my mind in the frame where I actually want to sit down and write instead of say play video games.

My favourite authors are Richard Morgan, Robert J. Sawyer, and (as you can tell if you deciphered my oh-so-clever username) Douglas Adams. I love Sci-Fi and it's not ver often I read anything else to be honest (with the occasional fantasy novel).

Ok, I'm out!
WannieTheSane
WannieTheSane

Back to top Go down

I'm sane, so the world doesn't have to be. Empty Re: I'm sane, so the world doesn't have to be.

Post  FairyDust Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:00 am

I know I am so lazy I don't really reply to these although I do read them but... lol welcome to the forums and ...

And now that I've posted in those two sections I update the webpage every five minutes to see if anyone commented... haha, soo needy! I handle criticism really well I think, and really want to improve my writing

This was me the first while lol, I never know if my stuff appeals to people or how to improve it. I like to get a lot of feedback and critique about my stuff that way I know if I am on the `write` (sorry had to use that pun) track. Smile

FairyDust

Back to top Go down

I'm sane, so the world doesn't have to be. Empty Re: I'm sane, so the world doesn't have to be.

Post  OpRise Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:39 pm

Hey there! Thanks for the warm welcome and the thanks sunny Tick cracked me up! Glad you posted it. It's been too long since I read Douglas Adams to get your reference, but in 5 minutes trying to decipher it, I found a quotes page ... ahhh may have to re-read! My favorite thing (the only thing I remember) was when Marvin the depressed robot hooked himself up to that other ship, and the ship committed suicide because Marvin was such a downer. Awww! What a Face I don't typically read Too much sci-fi, but love Asimov, Bradbury, Dan Simmons, and plenty o'movies study Can't wait to get my sci fi on! free form or otherwise. alien
OpRise
OpRise

Back to top Go down

Post  WannieTheSane Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Hey, Thanks! Very Happy

I disappeared for a month or more, but I'm creeping back in here to see whats the haps.

Thanks for the positiveitness! Now there's a word!

I can't remember off the top of my head if it's the fourth or fifth book in The Hitchhiker's trilogy, but there is a character named Wonko The Sane who runs The Asylum (the inside out house, because the entire world is The Asylum). He calls himself Wonko because he approaches life like a child who must observe and then decide, as opposed to most people (scientists in this case) who would have an expected outcome before they observe and thereby taint the results.

Oh, and Wonko was a childhood nickname. My childhood nickname (for some unknown reason) was Wannie (pronounced more like juan-e).

There you go, code cracked.
WannieTheSane
WannieTheSane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down